Nesbitt Realty is a family-run small business that appreciates the opportunity to serve your Northern Virginia real estate needs. If the time has come to sell your home, rest assured that Nesbitt Realty understands the unique challenges of selling houses at Jefferson Park in Alexandria, Virginia. Contact us today to get a free estimate of your Brick Colonial’s value. We can also prepare a marketing plan to show you how we plan to get you the best price as quickly as possible.
Did you know that in Jefferson Park:
- the average number of days on the market is 45.
- the most expensive property on the market is 309 Virginia Ave.
- the least expensive property on the market is 8051 Gatehouse Rd #12.
Julie Nesbitt is very knowledgeable about the specifics of Alexandria real estate and is able to navigate the home sale process with ease. Julie Nesbitt is on the pulse of Alexandria real estate and knows local market in the City of Alexandria. From staging your home for listing all the way to the closing, Julie Nesbitt stays on top of the details that matter.
Keep in mind these tips: Pack up all but the clothes you’re wearing this season to make you closets look larger. And, this will make moving easier later. Clear everything from countertops.
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)
We have offices in Alexandria, Ballston, Reston and Mclean. Feel free to call us at (703)765-0300 for more information.
Contact us for an accurate assessment of your property values at Jefferson Park.
If you have specific real estate needs or questions, please contact us!
- Call us at (703)765-0300
- Email us using this form.