At the national level, housing value is down from last 30 days and down from a year back. Mortgage rates increased to four. 43 percent this February, upward compared to 4. 04 a year ago.
- Housing affordability dropped from a year ago in Feb moving the index down 6. 7 percent from 175. nine to 160. 6. The typical sales price for a single family house sold in February in the US was $229, 900 up 7. 6 % from a year ago.
- Nationally, mortgage rates were upward 39 basis point from one season ago (one percentage point equates to 100 basis points) while earnings rose 2 . 9 percent.
- Regionally, the West experienced the biggest increase in price at nine. 9 percent. The South recently had an increase of 9. 7 % while the Midwest had a 6. zero percent gain in price. The Northeast had the smallest incline in price associated with 3. 5 percent.
- Regionally, all four regions saw a decrease in affordability from a year back. The West had the biggest decrease of 11. 2 percent. The particular South followed with a decline associated with 10. 9 percent. The Midwest had a decline in affordability associated with 7. 8 percent while the Northeast had the smallest decline of four. 8 percent.
- Simply by region, affordability is down through last month except in the Northeast where there was no change. The particular South had the biggest decline associated with 2 . 6 followed by the Western who had a decline of 1. seven percent. The Midwest had the tiniest decline in affordability of zero. 3 percent.
- In spite of month-to-month changes, the most affordable area is the Midwest where the index is usually 210. 7. The least inexpensive region remains the West in which the index is 112. 9. For comparison, the index is usually 158. 2 in the South, 169. 5 in the Northeast.
- Mortgage applications are currently up recently. Even with a rise in rates, curiosity about purchasing a home remains strong. Costs continue to outpace incomes and requirement may become choked off. Possible homeowners will benefit from investing their particular time working on the preapproval procedure.
- What does housing value look like in your market? View the complete data release here .
- The particular Housing Affordability Index calculation presumes a 20 percent down payment plus a 25 percent qualifying ratio (principal plus interest payment to income). Notice further details on the methodology plus assumptions behind the calculation here .
Properties in Del Ray