Nesbitt Realty is a family-run business serving Northern Virginia. We appreciate your business.
Everyone wants to protect their home, their property, plus, most of all, their families. In fact , market research indicates the home security business is growing for a price of about 9 percent a year.
Home security systems are not most of alike, however because of differences. Some systems cannot only warn you of burglars, but can also notify authorities, keep track of smoke and carbon monoxide sensors, and/or include video surveillance. Gentemot security alarm installers can provide services including equipment plus installation and overseeing service.
If you are thinking of buying a home security system, the Federal government Trade Commission (FTC) suggests that a person:
Get references through friends, neighbors or relatives;
Check out companies online and look into the Better Business Bureau for complaints;
Verify that the contractor’ s permit is in good standing via the Nationwide Association of State Contractors Certification Agencies;
Get composed estimates from several companies;
Read the fine print regarding costs, installation schedule, warranty, and an explanation of your directly to cancel within three days of putting your signature on a contract; and
Request lots of questions:
- Who will perform the installation plus monitor the system? Some companies subcontract this work to a third party.
- What is the contract period pertaining to monitoring? One year? More? Are there fines for early termination? What happens in case you move before the contract term increased?
- How much does the particular monitoring cost? How often considering billed?
- Does the business call you before notifying the authorities?
- How soon after the particular alarm sounds will you be notified?
- What happens if the alarm organization can’ t reach you once the alarm is sounding? Is the security alarm reset? Are the police called? Are usually alternate numbers called?
- What happens if the power goes out? Can there be a back-up battery system?
- What does the warranty cover, as well as for how long? Is it from the manufacturer or even their installer?
- Who may be responsible for repairs or upgrades towards the system?
- Does the organization offer interactive services like smoke cigarettes and fire detection, remote control, movie surveillance, email notifications and specific apps for smart phones?
For the most recent real estate news and trends , bookmark RISMedia. possuindo.
Nesbitt Realty serves buyers, sellers, renters, and landlords. Call us today at (703)765-0300. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you.