“Using a real estate agent is a very good idea,” says the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). “All the details involved in home buying [and selling], particularly the financial ones, can be mind-boggling. A good professional can guide you through the entire process and make the experience much easier.”
Selecting the right professional is the key to a successful real estate transaction. Better than working with a simple real estate agent, you’ll want the services of a Realtor®.
What’s the Difference Between a Real Estate Agent and a Realtor?
More than two million people have earned real estate licenses but only a small percentage of these are Realtors. Realtors are members in good standing of the National Association of Realtors, their state association of Realtors and a local real estate board. Realtors are held to high standards of ethical behavior and must undergo continuing education annually to remain accredited.
All agents of Nesbitt Realty are Realtors!
What Does a Realtor Do?
Realtors are required by law to:
- perform necessary and customary acts to assist in the purchase or sale of real estate.
- perform these acts in good faith and with reasonable care.
- properly account for money or other property placed in his or her care.
- disclose “adverse material facts” which are, or should be, within the agent’s knowledge.
Realtors can help buyers pre-qualify for mortgages and keep abreast of the latest home listings. They can assist sellers in preparing their homes and screening potential buyers. They can show investors the properties that fit their risk profiles and long-term investment strategies.
Nesbitt Realty can quickly locate the perfect home for you, or sell your home in the shortest possible time frame. Our agents can efficiently organize and coordinate meetings with potential buyers and sellers.
A Nesbitt Realty Realtor will be well acquainted with the important things you’ll want to know about the neighborhood you may be considering:
- the quality of schools,
- the safety of the community,
- traffic volume,
- Metro accessibility
- nearby parks and attractions
Our agents have immediate access to homes as soon as they are put on the market, saving you hours of wasted drive-around time. When you’re ready to make an offer on a house, our Realtor will help structure the deal to save you money. He or she will explain the advantages and disadvantages of different types of mortgages and guide you through the mounds of paperwork.
When it comes to selling your home, a Realtor will save you time and aggravation. Their commission will vary depending on your location. Realtors pay for all advertising, schedule all open houses and make sure potential buyers are qualified. The money they can save you is often more than the cost of their commissions.
Alexandria, VA Real Estate Introduction
When most people think of Alexandria VA the first thing that comes to mind is historic Old Town and Alexandria’s proximity to our nation’s capital. Newcomers might not be aware that just outside the City of Alexandria, Alexandria sprawls into Fairfax County. The neighborhoods of Mount Vernon and Lee District comprise a large area of Southern Fairfax County. Mount Vernon is sought after for it’s proximity to the Potomac River as well as a broad selection of homes and condos that range from affordable to super-luxury. This is a great alternative if you’re looking for a reasonable commute but a suburban lifestyle.
Check here to learn more about Alexandria.
New to the Market in Alexandria VA
- $929,950: 6213 Woodland Lake Dr, Alexandria, VA 22310 | Woodland Lake | Comparables
- $949,500: 408 Cloverway Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Clover | Comparables
- $929,000: 1681 Hunting Creek Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Old Town Greens | Comparables
- $932,884: 2509 Main Line Blvd #0, Alexandria, VA 22301 | Potomac Yard | Comparables
- $950,000: 932 Pete Jones Way, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Old Town Commons | Comparables
- $949,500: 1911 Westfield St, Alexandria, VA 22308 | Sulgrave Village | Comparables
- $949,900: 709 Bracey Ln, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Potomac Greens | Comparables
- $925,000: 4403 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309 | Mt Vernon Park | Comparables
- $950,000: 6305 Potomac Ave, Alexandria, VA 22307 | New Alexandria | Comparables
- $925,000: 205 Hume Ave, Alexandria, VA 22301 | Emma P Hume | Comparables
Townhouse Residence in Alexandria, VA . . .