Every seller wants the highest possible price for their home. In Groveton, one way to be sure you can gain a better price for your house is to have a home inspection before you put the home on the market.
This profitable new trend in real estate is helping homeowners uncover any necessary repairs, so they can attend to them. This not only helps homes sell faster-because a buyer will be more likely to commit to a home with no major flaws-but a home that can pass inspection may earn the seller more money. Many buyers in Fairfax County are veterans who are using a VA loan. One of the advantages of a VA loan is that the veteran doesn’t have to put any money down. Many VA loan buyers want to buy a home that no only doesn’t require a down-payment, but also doesn’t need any repairs or improvements.
That’s another reason why in Groveton inspecting a home and repairing problems can speed home sales by as much as 30 percent. It’s a small investment that really pays off. Alternatively, an agent from Nesbitt Realty can help you assess your home and look for potential troubles.
Our experience has shown that it’s cheaper to fix the home than to negotiate the price down. Buyers expect that every dollar of identified repairs equals two dollars in price reduction. For example, paying as much as $1500 to repair an old deck is cheaper than having to lower the selling price of your home by $3000.
These are the 10 most common repairs that need fixing:
1. Improper surface grading and drainage. This can be responsible for water in the basement or crawlspace.
2. Improper electrical wiring. This includes insufficient electrical service, inadequate overload protection and amateur (often dangerous) wiring connections.
3. Roof damage. Leaking roofs are a frequent problem.
4. Heating systems. Defective items include broken or malfunctioning controls, blocked chimneys and unsafe exhaust venting.
5. Poor overall maintenance can include cracked, peeling or blistered painted surfaces; crumbling masonry; makeshift wiring or plumbing; and broken fixtures and appliances.
6. Structurally related problems include damage in such components as foundation walls, floor joists, rafters and window and door headers.
7. Plumbing problems can include old or incompatible piping materials, as well as faulty fixtures and waste lines.
8. Exterior problems can include inadequate caulking and/or weather stripping.
9. Poor ventilation can be the result of many homeowners “oversealing” their homes, resulting in excessive interior moisture. This can lead to rotting.
10. Miscellaneous components may require minor cosmetic adjustments.
Contact us today to get an accurate assessment of your home’s needs and to talk about a strategy to sell your home in Groveton.
Recently Sold in Groveton
6724 Harrison Ln
4 beds, 1 full, 1 half baths, n/a living area
Just minutes from the bustling town of Alexandria awaits your home. This home is only 7 minutes from the Huntington Metro Station and The Kingstowne Towne Center is only 10 minutes away. This home comes with a 1 year home warranty, removing the stress of burdensome repair costs that might arise. Pride of ownership can be seen in every detail of this home. Call us today, and make it yours!
6844 Kenyon Dr
3 beds, 2 full baths, 1,449 sq.ft. living area
Rarely available, 4 Level Duplex on Large Corner Lot Close to Shopping, Restaurants, Old Town & Fort Belvoir. Bright Living Room, Separate Dining Room, Finished Basement with Walkout Stairs to Backyard, Tons of Storage Space, Master Bedroom with Private Master Bathroom, Floored Attic for Storage, Fresh Paint, Hardwood Floors Under Carpet on Main Level, Large Patio, Fenced Backyard & Storage Shed.
2967 Huntington Grove Sq
3 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths, 2,068 sq.ft. living area
Gorgeous, renovated & light filled end-unit TH. Best lot in neighborhood end of cul-de-sac w/ lrg side yard open area & backing to woods. Updated gourmet kitchen w/ SS appliances, granite, center island & open floorplan. LR w/ Fpl, step out to lrg deck. Master BR w/ spa bath. Each BR has en suite bath. Garage! Dual HVAC. Metro! South Alex town center development coming soon!
7131 Huntley Creek Pl #53
3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths, 1,620 sq.ft. living area
Fantastic 3 level, 3 BR, 2.5 bath town home with attached garage, gourmet kitchen, 42" cabinetry, granite counters, stainless appliances, 9-ft ceilings, spacious dining & living rooms, gas fireplace, powder room, NEW CARPET; Over-sized 2nd Level MBR w/sep sitting area & upgraded tile bathroom; 3rd level features 2 bedrooms with separate bath. Convenient to Belvoir, Pentagon, Wash DC, Norther VA.
2408 Mary Baldwin Dr
3 beds, 3 full baths, n/a living area
Open Sun 3/12 (1-3pm) Just South of Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro * Immaculate 3BR/3BA home with gorgeous renovations and beautiful hardwood floors on the main a upper floors * Completely redone kitchen * Sunny living room * Finished rec room with full bath * LARGE deck and low-maintenance backyard, great for pets * Off street parking for 2 cars* Home Warranty * No HOA *
Check here if you’re interested in buying a home in Groveton.