Every seller wants the highest possible price for their home. In Groveton, one way to be sure you can gain a better price for your house is to have a home inspection before you put the home on the market.
This profitable new trend in real estate is helping homeowners uncover any necessary repairs, so they can attend to them. This not only helps homes sell faster-because a buyer will be more likely to commit to a home with no major flaws-but a home that can pass inspection may earn the seller more money. Many buyers in Fairfax County are veterans who are using a VA loan. One of the advantages of a VA loan is that the veteran doesn’t have to put any money down. Many VA loan buyers want to buy a home that no only doesn’t require a down-payment, but also doesn’t need any repairs or improvements.
That’s another reason why in Groveton inspecting a home and repairing problems can speed home sales by as much as 30 percent. It’s a small investment that really pays off. Alternatively, an agent from Nesbitt Realty can help you assess your home and look for potential troubles.
Our experience has shown that it’s cheaper to fix the home than to negotiate the price down. Buyers expect that every dollar of identified repairs equals two dollars in price reduction. For example, paying as much as $1500 to repair an old deck is cheaper than having to lower the selling price of your home by $3000.
These are the 10 most common repairs that need fixing:
1. Improper surface grading and drainage. This can be responsible for water in the basement or crawlspace.
2. Improper electrical wiring. This includes insufficient electrical service, inadequate overload protection and amateur (often dangerous) wiring connections.
3. Roof damage. Leaking roofs are a frequent problem.
4. Heating systems. Defective items include broken or malfunctioning controls, blocked chimneys and unsafe exhaust venting.
5. Poor overall maintenance can include cracked, peeling or blistered painted surfaces; crumbling masonry; makeshift wiring or plumbing; and broken fixtures and appliances.
6. Structurally related problems include damage in such components as foundation walls, floor joists, rafters and window and door headers.
7. Plumbing problems can include old or incompatible piping materials, as well as faulty fixtures and waste lines.
8. Exterior problems can include inadequate caulking and/or weather stripping.
9. Poor ventilation can be the result of many homeowners “oversealing” their homes, resulting in excessive interior moisture. This can lead to rotting.
10. Miscellaneous components may require minor cosmetic adjustments.
Contact us today to get an accurate assessment of your home’s needs and to talk about a strategy to sell your home in Groveton.
Recently Sold in Groveton
7008 Ridge Dr
3 beds, 2 full baths, 1,250 sq.ft. living area
WOW Check this price Great Location a Beautiful Home completely renovated, New Kitchen cabinets, Granite, SS appliances, HW floors, New Bathrooms, New walkout Basement, Nice 0.35 Backyard, New patio, just painted in/out Shows very well . Close to shopping, schools, Short Distance to Old town AX, Nat Harbor, Metro station and more A beauty waiting for you. located at highest point of the County. .
7150 Huntley Creek Pl #63b
3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths, 1,524 sq.ft. living area
ATTRACTIVE & UNIQUE 11 YEAR OLD CONDO COMMUNITY OFFERS 3 LEVEL, GARAGE STYLED TOWNHOMES! MUST SEE THIS SUNNY & OPEN END UNIT LOCATED AT QUIET END OF ROAD & LOADED W UPGRADES INCLUDING NEWER PAINT, CARPET, HWDS, STUNNING MOLDINGS & TREY CEILINGS! BRIGHT MAIN LEVEL OFFERS OPEN FLOORPLAN W 8 WINDOWS, GOURMET KIT W GRANITE TOPS, STEEL APPLIANCES, UPGRADED CABINETS & MORE! OVERSIZED MBR SUITE! GARAGE!
2506 Dawn Dr
3 beds, 4 full baths, 2,666 sq.ft. living area
Over 2600 sq. ft of fantastic 3 BR 4 BA home w/ a charming front porch and at the beginning of a cul-de-sac. Kitchen has stainless, huge granite island, eat-in table space. Open floor plan w/ hardwoods on main level. 3 BR's on the upper level w/master suite. Nice family room on LL w/ full bath, storage room & extra room for an office/bedroom. Sliding door to flat yard w/ deck and patios. 495,metro
3616 Ransom Pl
3 beds, 2 full, 2 half baths, 1,704 sq.ft. living area
Beautiful 3-level townhouse w/ Gorgeous finishes throughout&Wonderful community. Stunning Gourmet Kitchen w/ Granite Island & Stainless Appliances. A Chef's dream! Master BR w/ spacious Master BA. Lower Lvl w/ Fam.Rm, Half BA, and attached GARAGE! Beautiful Wood Floors & High Ceilings,New Windows & Relaxing back deck. Tons of Renovations & Upgrades. Steps to park & Mins. to Metro,Shops,DC&OldTown!
2710 Memorial St
3 beds, 2 full baths, 1,228 sq.ft. living area
Great house-large part fenced yard. 1 car garage. Storage shed w/ built in shelves. Wood floors on main level-tile & hardwood downstairs. Some bath updates. Tiled kitchen. Ceiling fans in all bedrooms. Close to Ft. Belvoir, I-95, metro, shopping. Roof under 2 years & newer HVAC system. Covered porch over garage w/ roll down shades. Screened back porch & small patio. Call it home!
Check here if you’re interested in buying a home in Groveton.