Every seller wants the highest possible price for their home. In Groveton, one way to be sure you can gain a better price for your house is to have a home inspection before you put the home on the market.
This profitable new trend in real estate is helping homeowners uncover any necessary repairs, so they can attend to them. This not only helps homes sell faster-because a buyer will be more likely to commit to a home with no major flaws-but a home that can pass inspection may earn the seller more money. Many buyers in Fairfax County are veterans who are using a VA loan. One of the advantages of a VA loan is that the veteran doesn’t have to put any money down. Many VA loan buyers want to buy a home that no only doesn’t require a down-payment, but also doesn’t need any repairs or improvements.
That’s another reason why in Groveton inspecting a home and repairing problems can speed home sales by as much as 30 percent. It’s a small investment that really pays off. Alternatively, an agent from Nesbitt Realty can help you assess your home and look for potential troubles.
Our experience has shown that it’s cheaper to fix the home than to negotiate the price down. Buyers expect that every dollar of identified repairs equals two dollars in price reduction. For example, paying as much as $1500 to repair an old deck is cheaper than having to lower the selling price of your home by $3000.
These are the 10 most common repairs that need fixing:
1. Improper surface grading and drainage. This can be responsible for water in the basement or crawlspace.
2. Improper electrical wiring. This includes insufficient electrical service, inadequate overload protection and amateur (often dangerous) wiring connections.
3. Roof damage. Leaking roofs are a frequent problem.
4. Heating systems. Defective items include broken or malfunctioning controls, blocked chimneys and unsafe exhaust venting.
5. Poor overall maintenance can include cracked, peeling or blistered painted surfaces; crumbling masonry; makeshift wiring or plumbing; and broken fixtures and appliances.
6. Structurally related problems include damage in such components as foundation walls, floor joists, rafters and window and door headers.
7. Plumbing problems can include old or incompatible piping materials, as well as faulty fixtures and waste lines.
8. Exterior problems can include inadequate caulking and/or weather stripping.
9. Poor ventilation can be the result of many homeowners “oversealing” their homes, resulting in excessive interior moisture. This can lead to rotting.
10. Miscellaneous components may require minor cosmetic adjustments.
Contact us today to get an accurate assessment of your home’s needs and to talk about a strategy to sell your home in Groveton.
Recently Sold in Groveton
6328 Chimney Wood Ct
2 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths, 1,200 sq.ft. living area
JUST RENOVATED!!! END UNIT W/ OVER 1200 SQ. FT. 2 BD/ 2.5 BA NEW KIT APPLIANCES, GRANITE TOPS, 2 PANTRIES IN KIT, NEW HW FLR ON MN LVL, NEW CARPET ON 2ND FLR AND LL, UPGRADED BATHS, NEW MA BED CLOSET SYS, ALL NEW LIGHT FIXTURES, LL FIREPLACE W/ UPGRADED SURROUND AND MANTEL, SLIDER OUT TO PATIO AND FENCED IN YARD, TUCKED BACK NEXT TO WOODS IN QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD,ONE MILE TO METRO. OPEN SUNDAY 1-4!!!
3313 Arundel Ave
4 beds, 2 full baths, 2,028 sq.ft. living area
Well-maintained brick cape cod on a 1/2 acre+ corner lot! Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, this home is on a hill with skyline views. Features two main floor bedrooms with full bath and one HUGE upper loft bedroom. Hardwood floors on the main level. Freshly painted. Sunroom off the main living area. Walk-out basement with bedroom and a full bath. Carport and LARGE driveway. Plenty of parking!
6615 Hulvey Ter
4 beds, 3 full baths, n/a living area
Perfect Starter Home in Beddoo Heights on Cul-de-sac. 4 Bedrooms. Gorgeous Hardwood Floors throughout Main Level. New Carpet in Lower Level. Three Full Baths. Large Corner Lot with Mature Landscaping. Detached Garage w/ Door Opener. Oversized Patio. Close to Fire Station, Shopping, I-495, Route 1, Ft Belvoir, Metrobus.
7145 Huntley Creek Pl #60
3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths, 1,620 sq.ft. living area
Gorgeous 3 bed, 2.5 bath 1 car garage home conveniently located close to major hwys, Old Town and all your shopping needs. Open kitchen with granite counter tops, freshly painted throughout, large master bed/bath with walk-in closet. Crown molding throughout. Brand new washer/dryer. Open floor plan, recently updated, plush carpets throughout. This home will blow you away! A MUST SEE! H.W.up to 500
6908 Westhampton Dr
2 beds, 2 full baths, 1,344 sq.ft. living area
Adorable 2-3 bedroom meticulously maintained with gorgeous hardwoods thru out. Newer windows, siding, gutters, fencing, sidewalk. High efficiency front loading Bosch washer/dryer. Basement with sep entrance used as a home office w/full bath (heated floor) and kitchenette. LL is considered 3rd bd. Fenced back yard and patio for lovely outdoor parties & entertaining. Professional landscaping.
Check here if you’re interested in buying a home in Groveton.