It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. If you choose to work with Nesbitt Realty here are many of the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We’ll take a top level tour of some of the properties that are in your budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that you can decide whether this home ownership thing is for you or not. It also gives us a chance to see which properties most interest you so that we can rely upon our experience to identify communities and properties you may have overlooked.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities.
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, your agent will prepare an offer. At that time we’ll collect earnest money.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Your loan officer will then collect additional documentation from the you and from your agent. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. The loan office and agent will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Real Estate for:
For most people in Northern Virginia, the most important investment you will ever make is probably the purchase of a home. Knowing the basics about home-buying will give you a head start and save you time and money in your search. Additionally Nesbitt Realty can rebate THOUSANDS of dollars to clients who want to use our Realtor services.
Marketing a Home for Sale
Marketing a home for sale involves several important steps. First, Nesbitt Realty orders professional quality photos of the property from both the exterior and the interior. We also take 3-D imagery and prepare a floor-plan. Nesbitt Realty will create a virtual tour online. The photos and flooplan are used in online and print advertising to make home buyers aware that the property is on the market. Nesbitt Realty handles all the details of arranging showings. Nesbitt Realty also holds open house events to allow potential buyers to view the property without scheduling an appointment. We utilize both print and online advertising, and have one of the largest Internet footprints in the area. Finally, we of course don’t forget to place a sign out front to let passersby know that the property is for sale.
Nesbitt Management Prоvіdеѕ Pеасе оf Mіnd
- Nesbitt Realty has been around for more than 10 years and our property has been involved with property management for another 20 years prior to that.
- All property managers at Nesbitt Realty are licensed real estate agents that report to a licensed real estate broker. Our agents are knоwlеdgеаblе about Virginia rеgulаtіоnѕ fоr hаndlіng rеntаl іnсоmе, ѕесurіtу dероѕіtѕ, аnd оthеr financial mаttеrѕ.
In аddіtіоn to lісеnѕurе, сеrtіfісаtіоn can indicate mоrе еxtеnѕіvе іnduѕtrу knowledge. Nesbitt Realty is a member of
- National Association of Realtors,
- Virginia Association of Realtors,
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors,
- Better Business Bureau,
- National Aѕѕосіаtіоn of Rеѕіdеntіаl Prореrtу Managers member and has several related affiliations.
- Nesbitt Realty has won the Super Service Award for the past 4 years from Angie’s List. Angie’s List members are verified real people who have taken their time to give feedback on our services.
- Nesbitt Realty has some of the lowest fees in Northern Virginia. There is no set-up fee at Nesbitt Realty.
Our real estate agents appreciate the opportunity to be of service. Thanks for considering us to get the job done.
Rental hunting can be very daunting for some potential renters. Often the variety of options available to these renters is a source of overwhelming frustration for the renters. With so many appealing options it can be difficult to choose just one. However, there are some tips which can help to ease the process of apartment hunting. The process of finding the perfect apartment can be broken down into three simple steps.
- The first step is to set a budget.
- Talk to an agent who will research all available options.
- Your agent can help you comparison shop to determine which option is the best.
Did you know that a rental agent costs the renter nothing? Learn more about rental agents.
703 765 0300