It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. If you choose to work with Nesbitt Realty here are many of the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We’ll take a top level tour of some of the properties that are in your budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that you can decide whether this home ownership thing is for you or not. It also gives us a chance to see which properties most interest you so that we can rely upon our experience to identify communities and properties you may have overlooked.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities.
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, your agent will prepare an offer. At that time we’ll collect earnest money.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Your loan officer will then collect additional documentation from the you and from your agent. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. The loan office and agent will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Real Estate for:
Guide to Northern Virginia Real Estate
Northern Virginia is a part of the National Capital Region it is home to some of the most educated, affluent and particular buyers in the nation. Everyday we help people relocate in and out of Northern Virginia as well as help locals advance their real estate goals. If you’re shopping for a home in Northern Virginia, you will find our Buyer’s Guide to Northern Virginia Real Estate is a great resource for understanding the area and for seeking out the perfect real estate match for your tastes and budget.
If you need any help with a specific search please don’t hesitate to call us at (703)765-0300.
It’s not hard to find some of our many great reviews, but here are a few awards and accolades for client satisfaction.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve and thank you for considering us to manage your rental property. We promise to give you our best effort every single day. We strive for perfection. On those very rare occasions where we make a mistake, we move swiftly to correct our errors and make the damaged party whole.
Nobody works harder than Nesbitt Realty.
Finding a rental is not always easy. Depending on occupancy rates in a particular area, it actually might be quite difficult to find available rentals that are also within your price range and meet all of your pre-determined requirements. However, even in areas where there is not a great deal of competition for the available rentals, renters may still have some difficulty finding the perfect home.
Figure Out Your Needs
The first step of any rental search should begin with the potential renter carefully identifying all of their needs in a home. This list of needs will be different for every renter. While some renters are simply looking for a place to eat, bathe and sleep other renters may be looking for a living space which will serve a number of purposes including working, entertaining and participating in leisure activities or hobbies. Do you need to be close to the Metro? Do you want granite counters? Do you need a washer and dryer in the unit? What’s your budget?
It is important to prioritize your needs and distinguish between needs and wants because you’ll probably have to compromise.
Use Our Website
Once a renter has a good idea of the basic features he or she needs in a rental, it’s time to use our website to identify neighborhoods, condos and properties. This research will give the renter an idea of the types of properties available for rent in Northern Virginia. Many people are shocked by the prices and what’s actually available.
Get Our Recommendations
Renters can also help themselves in their search for a rental by seeking recommendations from a rental agent. Our agents know the area and know the market. Once you’ve identified your needs and wants, we can probably take you directly to the best option for you. [Read more about rental agents]
703 765 0300