It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. If you choose to work with Nesbitt Realty here are many of the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We’ll take a top level tour of some of the properties that are in your budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that you can decide whether this home ownership thing is for you or not. It also gives us a chance to see which properties most interest you so that we can rely upon our experience to identify communities and properties you may have overlooked.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities.
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, your agent will prepare an offer. At that time we’ll collect earnest money.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Your loan officer will then collect additional documentation from the you and from your agent. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. The loan office and agent will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Real Estate for:
What exactly Does a Realtor Do?
Law requires realtors to:
- Perform certain mandatory and standard acts to help out with the purchase or sale of real estate.
- Properly account for the money or alternative property placed in her or his attention.
- Disclose untoward material facts that are, or should be, inside the broker’s knowledge.
Sellers can be assisted by Realtors in screening prospective buyers and preparing their homes. Realtors can demonstrate to investors the properties that meet their risk profiles and long-term investment strategies.
Nesbitt Realty can quickly locate the perfect home for you. Our agents can efficiently organize and coordinate meetings with sellers and potential buyers. A Nesbitt Realty Realtor is well acquainted with all the important things you’ll want to learn about the area you may be considering:
- the quality of schools,
- association fees,
- Metro availability,
- community amenities such as shops, parks and restaurants.
Our brokers have immediate use of homes when they are put on the market, saving you hours of wasted drive-around time. When you’re prepared to make an offer on a house, our Realtor will help structure the deal to help you save money. She or he will clarify the pros and cons of different types of mortgages and guide you through the piles of paperwork.
Hi-Tech Hometown Home Sales!™
We sell homes, townhouses and condos in Northern Virginia. Our home seller’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- Why Nesbitt Realty?
- What is a listing agent?
- How much is my home worth?
- Can I trust Zillow and Trulia to value my home?
- How will you market my home?
- What’s involved in selling a home?
- How much are closing costs?
Prореrtу mаnаgеmеnt can bе used by any tуре оf рrореrtу owner that juѕt dоеѕn’t hаvе thе time or expertise to саrе for аnd run a rental property. Contact us or read more if you need assistance or want to learn more about our property management services.
We appreciate every opportunity and love the fact that you picked us.
Leasing a rental
Leasing a rental is a very serious decision which warrants a great deal of attention before a final decision is made. When choosing a rental property, renters in Northern Virginia have a variety of factors to consider including, but not limited to, price, size, location, amenities, length of stay, proximity to Metro, type of home (condo, townhouse, single-family, etc.).
A smarter renter will consider all of their options before making a decision to ensure they are making the best possible decision. But the number of choices can be overwhelming. It’s hard to know that you’re not missing something. A rental agent can help you make sense of your options. Best of all a rental agent costs the renter nothing.
703 765 0300