It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. If you choose to work with Nesbitt Realty here are many of the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We’ll take a top level tour of some of the properties that are in your budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that you can decide whether this home ownership thing is for you or not. It also gives us a chance to see which properties most interest you so that we can rely upon our experience to identify communities and properties you may have overlooked.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities.
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, your agent will prepare an offer. At that time we’ll collect earnest money.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Your loan officer will then collect additional documentation from the you and from your agent. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. The loan office and agent will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Real Estate for:
Home buying in Northern Virginia?
Buуіng a home іѕ an important task that is a realization of a dream for many people. As a home buyer will need to walk through a process and overcome hurdles іn оrdеr tо ensure thаt your goals are achieved. At tіmеѕ, hоmе buуіng саn еvеn bе ѕtrеѕѕful. However, іf buy with a Nesbitt Realty agent, we can take the stress out of the process. Our agents know where and how to find the best properties for your needs. Our agents are experienced with deep local connections. And we can save you thousands on your purchase.
Hi-Tech Hometown Home Sales!™
We sell homes, townhouses and condos in Northern Virginia. Our home seller’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- Why Nesbitt Realty?
- What is a listing agent?
- How much is my home worth?
- Can I trust Zillow and Trulia to value my home?
- How will you market my home?
- What’s involved in selling a home?
- How much are closing costs?
A big value-add provided by your Nesbitt Realty property manager is “separation”. This to say, your Nesbitt Realty property manager maintains a level of separation between the landlord and the tenants and the property. As you may already know, it’s important to invest in real estate without emotionally investing in tenants or property. Your Nesbitt Realty property manager helps ensure that you always make the best decision for your family, rather than making the best decision for the tenant’s family.
So, your Nesbitt Realty rental property manager serves as a buffer between the owner and his tenants. Nesbitt Realty can help you find tenants, handling repair projects and maintenance, oversee improvements, collect rent, and even pay some expenses and taxes. The specific tasks we handle vary based upon upon the needs and wishes of the property owner. Additionally, a competent Nesbitt Realty property manager gives you protection from certain liabilities.
We’d love the opportunity to show you about why our clients rave about our service.
Benefits of Renting
While there are some obvious benefits to buying over renting, there are also many benefits to be gained from renting a property as opposed to purchasing a property.
Some of the benefits of renting include the ability to save money while renting for the purpose of purchasing a home, and the inclusion of amenities which the renter would not likely be able to afford if they were to purchase a home instead of renting. Renters are also free from most maintenance concerns. This is especially true in a condominium. The renter may be responsible for small items such as changing light bulbs but more extensive repairs are typically covered by the landlord.
If you’re looking for a rental unit, contact us to learn more about how a rental agent can help you find the best deal possible.
703 765 0300