It’s a waste of time and energy to look at homes that are outside of the budget, so prequalification is the first step for any home buyer. If you choose to work with Nesbitt Realty here are many of the steps that we’ll be taking on the road to home ownership.
- Tour properties — We’ll take a top level tour of some of the properties that are in your budget. This gives the client something concrete and real to think about so that you can decide whether this home ownership thing is for you or not. It also gives us a chance to see which properties most interest you so that we can rely upon our experience to identify communities and properties you may have overlooked.
- Revisiting — We’ll revisit those communities that hold the greatest interest and look at everything available in those communities.
- A few more choices — If none of these really feel right, we’ll find a few more to consider and continue with the search.
- Make an offer — When we’ve found the property that stirs the soul, fits the budget and feels right, your agent will prepare an offer. At that time we’ll collect earnest money.
- The earnest money is evidence that the seller is serious about the purchase and is held in escrow until the sale is completed. We’ll submit a preapproval letter, a copy of the earnest money deposit and the signed offer for the seller to consider.
- Negotiations — Sometimes there is a difference between the asking price and the selling price. The selling price is determined by negotiation. We’ll pass drafts of the contract back and forth until the buyer and seller have agreed on all terms.
- Loan processing — Your loan officer will then collect additional documentation from the you and from your agent. This documentation will serve the purpose of proving the representations made in the loan application process. The buyer will produce pay stubs, bank statements etc. The loan office and agent will also order an appraisal as required by all lenders.
- Settlement — Settlement is the word used to describe the actual transfer of ownership. We’ll settle on the property in a timely fashion on an agreed upon date. Settlement will occur at a title company’s office and a settlement agent will ensure that funds are present as is marketable title.
- Ownership — Here’s where the fun begins … as does the responsibility of home ownership.
Real Estate for:
We help our clients buy homes in Northern VA.
Our home buyer’s resource page will answer common questions like:
- Why Nesbitt Realty?
- What is a buyer’s agent?
- What is a buyer’s rebate?
- How much does representation cost?
- How we find your new home?
- How much home can you afford?
- How much are closing costs?
Do you want to sell your property?
If you want to sell your home, Nesbitt Realty can help you reach your goal. Our Realtors are experienced and familiar with the real estate market in Northern Virginia. A Realtor can help you determine the best listing price for your property. We know how to market your home to get the best price as quickly as possibly. Nesbitt Realty knows how the home selling process works, so we are ready to assist you every step of the way. Nesbitt Realty has access to the MRIS (our local multiple listing service). MRIS is the MLS database that agents use to find homes for sale in the area. Our agent will add your property to it. Working with a Realtor will make the home selling process run smoothly and much simpler than if you attempt to do it on your own. We’re a local family-run business and we appreciate the opportunity to serve your needs.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-owned family-operated business serving Northern Virginia. As such we compete against some of biggest names in our industry. Even in this highly competitive market we manage to succeed and have won numerous awards for client-satisfaction. We provide a turn-key solution that allows our landlords to enjoy stress-free passive income with no work required.
Our team is experienced, professional and dedicated to managing every detail from leasing to maintenance to financial transactions.
We have experience working Northern Virginia and can save you thousands on your purchase.
703 765 0300