- What color range do you want — light, medium, or dark?
- Do you want a floor with more natural character, or less?
- What board width do you want?
- Do you want engineered or solid-based floors, depending on your home’s conditions?
- How critical is length to you in reducing the overall number of seams?
- Do you want more aggressive graining like oak or a mellower grain like walnut?
- Do you want flooring prefinished or unfinished?
- How thick is the wear layer in the floor you’re considering, which will affect your ability to refinish it over time?
- What type of finish are you going to use? Can it be refinished and, if so, how?
- For wider planks that provide greater stability: Where is the wood coming from, how is it dried, what is its moisture content, and what type of substrate is used in the engineered platform?
For more information or to set up an appointment call Nesbitt Realty at (703)765-0300