Are you considering renting in Northern Virginia? With remarkably low interest rates, perhaps you should consider buying? Here are 5 solid reasons that buying is better than renting.
- Be your own landlord. The landlord picks the paint colors. The landlord decides whether pets or smoking is allowed. If you are the landlord, you make the decisions. And you decide whether to extend your lease or not.
- Paying the principal is forced savings. Everyone knows that paying off a mortgage is better than paying rent forever.
- Fixed-rate mortgages never rise – and eventually you pay them off. With mortgage rates at record lows, people who buy now are locking in real bargains.
- Good schools. Family-sized rentals are harder to come by in areas with excellent public schools.
- Spacious properties in pleasant neighborhoods. Sizable homes in attractive communities are almost always owned – not rented.
For more information or to set up an appointment call Stuart at (703)765-0300.