Deciding on whether a single family home is much more suitable than a condominium or townhouse home requires much thought and consideration. But in the end it still comes down to what you want.
Here are a few facts to consider:
Single Family Homes
- Close knit community with possible green spaces
- No monthly homeowners/condo fees
- Less strict community rules and regulations
- Restrictions cannot be imposed by an association without your consent.
- Less restriction and fees with parking
Condo and Townhomes
- All expenses towards maintaining your home is covered by the condo fees such as common area repairs, roof repairs, other maintenance and repairs.
- Controlled access for some
- Amenities available for the community such as clubrooms, pools, gyms and more
- Shuttle services are offered as well as public transit service