It’s easy to sell property. The hard part is selling real estate now. When there are more sellers than buyers, properties still sell. Staging your home is important, but not so important as some might lead you to believe. Advertising your property is critical and brochures can be beneficial. Ultimately, the most important factor is to get the home in the MLS and to price the home properly.
If a home is priced too high, few potential buyers will even see your house. After the home has sat on the market for a long time, buyers will expect a price drop even if the price has already dropped! For this reason it’s important to price your home at a point where it will attract attention.
In a tough market like the services of a good Realtor are needed more than ever. Your agent should be a hard worker who has the temperament to guide you through the process. You agent should be your advocate, actively negotiating your best deal. Sometimes this means getting top dollar. But sometimes this means know what to trade-off to get what you really want from a deal.
Selling your home quickly.
Here are a few quick tips to sell your house quickly.
- Choose a selling agent that cares about you and your situation.
- Price it right. Price is the biggest differentiator in a tight market. Set a price at the lower end of your property’s realistic price range.
- Put your house in order. Your property should be ready for the market before you begin showing it.
- Be flexible about showings. Home selling is often disruptive to daily life. And it’s a lot of work to have your house ready to show on the spur of the moment. But prospects that can’t see your house won’t buy your house. The more often your home is shown the greater your chances of selling the property.
- Be ready for all offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you’ll find acceptable. Don’t take offense at a ludicrous offer. Respond with a counter-offer to keep the ball moving.
In addition, Will Nesbitt has devised unique strategies to overcome the buyer’s market and to sell your home quickly. Ask him how he can save you money and sell your home quickly at the same time!
To find out how much money you’ll net from your house, add up your closing costs and subtract them from the sale price of the house.
Closing Costs for Sellers
Mortgage payoff and outstanding interest
Prorations for real estate taxes
Prorations for utility bills, condo dues, and other items paid in arrears
Closing fees charged by closing specialist
Title policy fees
Transfer tax or other government registration fees